Partner: Antall József Knowledge Centre
Event date: Feb 21, 2019
Deadline for registering: Feb 20, 2019
Venue: Permanent Representation of Hungary to the European Union (Rue de Trèves 92, 1040 Brussels), Hungary
The Antall József Knowledge Centre, in cooperation with the Permanent Representation of Hungary to the European Union, organises an ambassadors’ discussion and book launch in celebration of the 15th anniversary of the V4 countries’ European integration.
Three decades have passed since the democratic transformation of the Central European countries and the establishment of the Visegrad Cooperation. Since that intriguing period, international and regional alliances, such as traditional pre-integration projects, reductionist formats, as well as issue-based initiatives focusing on transport networks and defence issues, have been created. Among these, the V4 is the platform, which, as we believe, serves as the very core of Central European politics, is able to facilitate further cooperation, and contributes to the emerging relevance of this pivotal region in Europe.
Join us & register here: bit.ly/book_launch_in_brussels
▸ Ambassadors’ Discussion
During the first part of the event, permanent representatives of the Visegrad Countries will discuss common issues of the past 15 years of integration and present their vision of the future of the Visegrad Cooperation within a "brand-new" European Union.
- HE Peter Javorčík, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, Permanent Representation of the Slovak Republic to the European Union
- HE Jakub Dürr, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, Permanent Representation of the Czech Republic to the European Union
- HE Andrzej Sadoś, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, Permanent Representation of Poland to the European Union
- HE Olivér Várhelyi, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, Permanent Representation of Hungary to the European Union
Moderator: Ildikó Voller-Szenci, Head of Brussels Office, Antall József Knowledge Centre
▸ Talk with the Editor and the Authors – Central Europe and the Visegrad Cooperation
In the second part of the event, the first comprehensive textbook on the Visegrad Cooperation will be introduced by its editor and co-authors. The book presents the brief history of the regional cooperation, the road to the EU accession of 2004, the Group’s role in contemporary European politics, as well as the internal dynamics and foreign relations of the V4 Group. It helps understand the core issues of the Visegrad Cooperation not just in the field of education, but on a policy level as well.
- Péter Stepper, Researcher, Editor of the book, Antall József Knowledge Centre
- Martin Michelot, Deputy Director, EUROPEUM Institute for European Policy – Prague
- Dominik P Jankowski, Political Adviser & Head of the Political Section, Permanent Delegation of the Republic of Poland to the NATO
The book has been prepared in the framework of a V4 strategic project, Defining Central Europe and the Visegrad Cooperation, supported by the International Visegrad Fund.
More information about the project ▸ bit.ly/Defining_CEE_and_the_V4
... More information
Jul 01, 2019 - Jul 11, 2019
Organised by the Antall József Knowledge Centre, the Antall József Summer School is a two-week educational programme examining Central Europe and its wider neighbourhood.
No results for this time.
No results for this time.
Get the latest updates from IRSEC Hub partners right to your inbox.×